Board of Directors
Herb Silverman - President and Founder
Michael Trollan - Vice President
Bonnie Cousens - Secretary
Ron Millar - Treasurer (non-voting)
Larry T. Decker (Ex-
- Woody Kaplan - chair
- Robert Boston - writer and spokesperson on the Religious Right and First Amendment issues
- Richard Dawkins, D.Sc., FRS - evolutionary biologist and popular science writer who holds the Charles Simonyi Chair in the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University
- Daniel Dennett, D.Phil. - philosopher whose research intersects with cognitive science and evolutionary biology
- Rebecca Goldstein, Ph.D. - author and philosopher
- Sam Harris, Ph.D. - author, neuroscientist, and CEO of Project Reason
- Jeff Hawkins - entrepreneur and inventor
- Wendy Kaminer - author and social critic on civil liberties, religion and popular culture
- Michael Newdow, M.D. - attorney, medical doctor and litigant in Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow which attempted to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance
- Dan Okrent - author, best known for having served as the first public editor of the New York Times.
- Steven Pinker, Ph.D. - psychologist, writer and Humanist Laureate
- Salman Rushdie - novelist
- Hon. Fortney "Pete" Stark - The first openly nontheistic member of the United States House of Representatives (1973 to 2013)
- Todd Stiefel - founder and president of the Stiefel Freethought Foundation.
- Julia Sweeney - actor best known for her androgynous character Pat on "Saturday Night Live" and her critically acclaimed one-woman monologue, "Letting Go of God."